Saturday, October 23, 2010

New Book Cover for Why Don't Students Like School


I chose this picture for the book cover because it has eye appeal to the reader who is searching for a book to read about this topic. However, the author's current cover is boring to readers of any age. It seems old fashioned and certainly does not create interest or entice the reader to page through or read the book. Therefore, the cover creates NO personal interest in the book for me. I decided to read the book by title only.
I have not read the book yet, but I think perhaps the author may have chosen the cover to reflect his views on public education. His opinion must be that they are in need of change and not keeping up with the 21st century.
How to find the image: I first looked through many pages of Labeled for Reuse in both Flickr and Google Images, but did not see what appealed to me. This image was located by using Google. It "MAY BE SUBJECT TO COPYRIGHT". If I were to seriously consider using this image for profit, I would obtain writtten permission.

No comments:

Post a Comment